Stitch

Stitch

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my first ever blog post.  My name is Matt Bartlett.  I started at RIC in 2009, studied there for two and a half years before taking a break to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.  A couple years later I decided to try online school at Western Governors University, but found it wasn't for me.  Now, I have finally returned to RIC to hopefully finish my college career with Sociology as my major and a minor in Gender and Women's Studies.  Outside of class, I spend most of my time working in retail as a merchandiser.  I travel to all the stores in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, to help throughout the changing seasons.  I also spend a lot of time at home with my wife and 2 cats, Shae and Sansa (yes, they are named after Game of Thrones).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better throughout the semester!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Matt, cool Lion King/Stitch pic! Sociology was one of the majors I was looking at doing, it is fun stuff and important to me. Still I needed to earn money fast and I also love technology so I chose computer science. I bet your are going to have a lot of fun and interesting classes in that major!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt, I've also looked into online schooling. But I'm not sure how well I would do with that type of schooling. Thanks for sharing and I also look forward to learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matt!
    I love the Lion King/Stitch Gif! (I've never seen any of the Disney movies, except Frozen and Cinderella.)

    Online school sounds interesting but I have NO type of motivation. I like the idea of having people to talk to about subjects, especially topics like this class offers. But everybody is different and that's okay.

    Congratulations on being married! I look forward to have a great class!
    -Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt!
    I glad you found RIC to be the school for you. Also, I so happy that you get to finish what you started.

    Also, you cats seem awesome...the names just give them away:)
    ~ Kyle

    ReplyDelete